I’ve gotten WAY behind on my blogging, but I’m going to at least try to catch up! Starting way back in August, I had about 7 ridiculously busy weekends in a row including two back-to-back bachelorette weekends for two of my closest friends! (I’m actually still not sure if my liver has forgiven me!)
Daphne’s Bachelorette weekend was planned by the maid of honor, Miquel. Six of out bestest friends spent a long weekend at a gorgeous house in Oak Island, NC. The weather was rainy off and on all weekend, but we still had an amazing time! We spent time chatting and sunning ourselves on the beach, chatting and cooking in the kitchen, chatting and drinking margaritas on the front porch, (yeah, us girls did a LOT of talking), dancing, laughing, and enjoying all of the bachelorette pariphanaila!! For the big night out, Miquel had arranged a special outfit for the bride-to-be…and she was such a good sport about it!
- Top Left: We started the weekend by stopping for a delicious dinner at the sketchiest of all highway-side Mexican Restaurants in the middle of nowhere.
- Top Right: All of ladies enjoying a couple bottles of wine and a delicious seafood dinner beachfront! (From the left: Courtney, me, Daphne, Miquel, Chrissie, and Beth)
- Bottom Left: Out on the town celebrating the Bachelorette!
- Bottom Right: Daphne’s reaction to seeing the beautiful beach house that was all ours for the weekend!
There are so many more fun stories and pictures I’d love to share, but I just don’t have the time right now… It was just an all around WONDERFUL weekend spent with some of my closest friends celebrating our dear friend Daphne!! 🙂
The next weekend, I flew up to Boston to celebrate Audrey’s Bachelorette-ness! Audrey is my old friend from summer camp (shout-out for Camp Barney Medintz!) and I am so glad that we’ve been able to keep our friendship alive for so long. We that this amazing relationship where we can go months without talking, or years without seeing eachother, but we’re always able to pick back up right where we left off. I cherish that friendship so much, and I’m so honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding that is coming up next month!
Several of us had some flight delays getting into Boston (including the Bachelorette herself who was 6.5 hours late! boo!). So, we had to rearrange our plans a little bit. But, in the end it turned out to be a fabulous weekend filled with amazingly delicious food and wine, lots of hilarious face-purple-ing moments, and fun fun fun! And, I just have to say, Audrey’s sister Molly did an absolutely amazing, breathtaking, wonderful, incredible job planning this weekend – soooo fabulous!!!
From the top, down:
- Some of us girls wearing our “The Glasses Got Ditched – Audrey’s Gettin’ Hitched!” t-shirts on our way to the airport to pick up our bachelorette!
- Picnic near Faneuil Hall after getting amazing lobster rolls from the marketplace there! (From the left: Catherine, Bethany, Ashley, me, Audrey, Laura, Loryn, and Molly)
- The infamous “I’m Getting Married Bitches” t-shirt that we made Audrey wear!
- The Bachelorette making a lovely face!
- All the girls, plus a few other of Audrey’s friends enjoying a delicious dinner at Stella.
- Audrey and I have killer facial expressions while dancing our bootys off!
- At the club…
- Audrey, Molly and I at brunch the next morning.
- All of us girls at brunch.
Due to some “bad” weather (um, yeah, apparently planes can’t fly in rain anymore) both Audrey and my flights got cancelled that Sunday, so we got to spend an extra night hanging out and catching up in Boston. It definitely was not a great experience (espeically for Audrey who had checked her suitcase and couldn’t get it back), but it was so nice to get to spend some extra time with my dear friend! 🙂
I have several more weekend to blog about, but I just had to make sure i got these two fabulous bachelorette weekend up here.
I’ll be back soon….. 🙂