Sometimes I still feel really young like I’m just out of college, and other times I feel really old and grown-up. I know it’s all relative, but it’s interesting/scary/amazing to think about how much things really do change as you get older.
This past weekend when we went boating for Adam’s birthday, we talked about this very topic and came to some interesting conclusions. Over the course of the day, we spent a good deal of time marvaling at how different this trip would have been if we had done it 7 years ago! Here are some of the differences that we imagined:
Things we brought with us:
- Boat trip at 28 years old: 1 cooler for food, 1 cooler for beer
- Boat trip at 21 years old: at least 3 coolers for beer….and maybe 1 bag of chips?
Things we did:
- Boat trip at 28: first thing we all did was apply lots of sunscreen
- Boat trip at 21: we all would have come home looking like lobsters!
- Boat trip at 28: we obeyed the laws (well, except for the one about jumping off a moving boat…but we didn’t know!) and respected the rental boat
- Boat trip at 21: someone would have certainly gotten arrested, and something would have definitely been broken on the boat
After we all got home for the day:
- Boat trip at 28: Here is what happened when Felipe had a headache and went to bed earlier than the rest of us:
- Boat trip at 21: Whoever passed out first would have most likely woken up with sharpie drawings on their face!
It’s funny to think about how much we’ve grown up!!